All types of material may be reserved so long as a Library patron wants to reserve it. The reservation can take place by a member’s request at one of our issue desks, by phone (+30 24320 23041- 3), or by visiting the Library’s Online Public Access Catalogue.
There is a first come, first served policy in place for the reservations.
The total amount of reservations a user (except educators and teachers) can place in each material category is three (3).
Educators and all-level teachers can reserve up to twenty (20) items. They are also allowed to reserve educational bundles for up to seven (7) days.
The reservation is valid for two (2) days and is automatically deleted if the party reserving it does not pick the item up.
Online Reservation through OPAC
In order to place a reservation through the online catalogue, make sure you follow these steps:
- From the homepage, click on User Login.
- Enter your username (card number) and the password that has been given to you by the Library staff. If you log in successfully, you should be led to a page containing your personal information.
When you’re logged in, you can go to User Activities, where you will find the following options:
- See your personal preferences (barcode, personal information, subscription).
- Change your password. Click on change reservation and type your old password in the first box and your new, desired password in the second and third boxes. In case of error, you will see a message.
- Save catalogue entries of books that interest you by clicking Save Selected. You can also Save All.
- In case you have borrowed materials, you can view the borrowed titles and their respective return dates by clicking on My Loans.
- View the history of all your loaned materials by clicking on My Loan History.
- Lastly, keep up to date with your active reservations and their progress by going to My Reservations.
Online Reservation through WebOpac:
If you would like to place a reservation through your personal account, you should be aware:
- Not all categories of materials are loanable. Make sure you are trying to reserve something that can be loaned.
- The material you are attempting to reserve is already borrowed. You cannot place a reservation on something that is available at the Library.
If you detect an item that is already borrowed and you would like to reserve, you can hold it by clicking on Reserve from the menu on the left.
In the Activities you can view your active reservations. If you desire to cancel a reservation, click the square next to the title and then Delete Selected.